Andrea’s Analysis Worksheet
Discovering the Real Problem
If you want to examine a career problem you’re having and create a plan to address it, I’ve developed “Andrea’s Analysis.” It’s six questions that you can answer by yourself, at your own pace. By answering these questions honestly, you will be able to clarify what’s eating at you, how you want things to be different, what you need to do and whether you’re willing to do it.
- Find a quiet place where you won’t be interrupted. Give yourself plenty of time. Get a pen and paper. Answer each question in the order in which it’s listed. Be honest. For an example of how to complete this, click here.
- What is your problem?
- Why is that a problem? What troubles you about that?
- How do you want this situation to be? If this problem were solved, what would the situation be like? How would you feel?
- What’s stopping you from making that happen?
- What do you need to do to make that happen? What needs to change? What do you need to ask of others? What do you need to change inside yourself?
- Now that you know what needs to be done, what are you going to do?