Career Advice that will get you the job, salary and career you want.
Welcome to my Web site where you'll find practical advice on the issues you face in your career and on the job. Whether you're changing careers, want to get along better at work, move up in your field or work less and enjoy life more...or are interested in work-from-home careers, my syndicated newspaper column, books, video podcast and estore can help.
Now translated into Arabic
Available soon in Chinese
USA Today American Bankers
Association Journal Publishers Weekly Dallas Morning News Richard Bolles, author of "What Color is Your Parachute?" The Book Connection Blog Business World The California Bookwatch Nashville Ledger Naples News Arizona Daily Sun
Career advice from Andrea's USA Today.com columns:
Andrea has reached millions through:
"Every word out of Andrea Kay's mouth is gold! No matter who they are, or what their dreams may be, Andrea can find a way for people to navigate this crazy working world of ours."
--Ellen McGirt, Money magazine
"She is bubbly, fun and a good talker."
- Andrea shares her 3-step survival guide for the recently canned with US News and World Report
- Andrea shares how to give constructive feedback in B2B News Network
- Should you hold out for your dream job? Andrea's thoughts in USA Today College
- Andrea offers advice on how to explain your time off from your career
- How to handle criticism and difficult moments at work--Andrea shares in USNews & World Report/Money
- 8 key questions to ask your interviewer (& yourself):
Andrea weighs in in U.S. News & World Report
- When your new job is a nightmare! Andrea shares what to do in US News & World Report
- Andrea's input on career change in Chicago Tribune
- Got fired. Now what? Men's Health interviewed Andrea on what to do next
- Will job hopping and lots of internships come back to bite millennials?
Andrea's point of view in The Guardian
- 2014 job hunting tips for working moms in WorkingMother.com
- Andrea's advice in US News & World Report on what to do if you have a criminal record
- Andrea's comments in US News & World Report on what to do if interviewers balk at your unique name
- Andrea takes calls from listeners on WVXU Radio.
- Andrea comments on tech tools for boomers in Market Watch/The Wall Street Journal
- ABC's "The List" with Andrea on how you're always auditioning
- Andrea talks about what employers can deduce 30 seconds into the job interview in Oprah.com
- Andrea offers advice on being the new kid on the block in US News & World Report
- Scripps TV show "The List" features Andrea's latest book
(it's the second interview)
- The Office Professional interviews Andrea about how to get your next job. Part 1 | Part 2
- The Dallas Morning News reviews 'This Is How to Get Your Next Job'
- Andrea talks about employers' pet peeves with job hunters and how to act instead
- Andrea talks about resumes for Boomers in MarketWatch/Wall Street Journal
- Andrea discusses what impresses potential employers in The Office Professional Part 1 | Part 2
- Andrea talks about your education in the new year in Investors Business Daily
- Andrea weighs in on how to help employers overlook poor credit
- Andrea offers her advice in MarketWatch/Wall Street Journal article on 9 tips to help jobseekers beat age bias
- Read More >>
- If you just can't seem to figure out how to solve an issue you're facing at work or in your career, try this to get unstuck. Click here for "Andrea's Analysis" Worksheet.
Andrea Kay was named "Best Career Counselor" by Cincinnati Magazine
Andrea was awarded the Women In Communications Gem Award
For adherence to the highest standards of practice in professional communications and support of women in the work force.
Andrea was given the 2009 Leading Woman Award for Consulting, Training and Education by Leading Women.